Sales & Marketing
Title: Graphic Designer
Hosting Nation has an opening for a strong Graphic Designer specializing in Web/UI design. The initial engagement is a 3 month contract with strong potential to renew or turn into full-time employment if the candidate is interested. The ideal candidate will have previous agency/studio experience.
You will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing overall online brand identity, interfaces for digital touch points, and underlying creative assets for our clients on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment; as part of the design team focused on developing best-in-class software and online experiences.
Reporting to the project manager, the successful candidate will possess a well-rounded suite of design and production skills that will enable him/her to execute visually enhancing designs for website user interfaces.
- Collaborate with the team to produce outstanding visual design solutions for web and mobile experiences that support both the user and business goals of our products and services
- Develop highly-refined visual design assets such as logos, ad banners, landing pages, email campaigns, mock-ups and wireframes to drive sales of products and services
- Create and maintain visual assets including iconography, color palettes, font styles, and other graphical elements
- Create visuals for presentations and whitepapers that showcase capabilities
- Constantly assess, evaluate, and integrate best practices and industry innovations in web design
- Identify visual user interface requirements and define design approach
- Ensure designs follow visual standards as well as enhance user experience
- Maintain visual standards and style guide documentation across web and mobile experiences
- Design and adaptation of image assets and content for websites
- Collaboration with other departments on various design-related activities as required
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies
- Hand holding design clients providing telephone support and help.
- Juggling several projects at a time with the intent to meet and beat deadlines
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of hands-on design experience with a keen eye for detail, consistency, typography, and color
- Proficiency in XHTML/CSS 3 for slicing and visual layouts. PHP an asset.
- Advanced experience with visual design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
- Experience with ecommerce, online advertising, web analytics, social media, video, mobile marketing, SEO, A/B testing and customer research a plus
- Ability and willingness to take direction
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and meet deadlines
- A post secondary degree and/or multimedia design or the equivalent degree/experience
- Nice to have experience working in or with technology companies
- Responsible for developing TotalSnap Partnerships.
- Demonstrate sufficient technical selling skills and product knowledge to give effective presentation of the TotalSnap Partner and VAR Program.
- Develop annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager; which details activities to follow during the fiscal year and focuses on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of pricing and proposal models as well as the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale with the objective of increasing market share from larger competitors.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, direct mail, email, networking and face to face cold calling on business owners.
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and Partner Sales plans that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and how TotalSnap provides a solution to their problems.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Build an effective network of web developers, graphic designers and other professionals to maximize revenue.
- Gather and submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects' business problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of CRM software.
- Participate and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- 2-5 years of experience in sales in the internet and information technology industries.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Strong understanding of the graphic design and web development industries.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Experience with software as a service (SAAS) solutions.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Experience in dealing with large complex organizations.
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
- Fluency in Klingon an asset. :)
- Responsible for analyzing and fixing bugs in various software applications
- Analyzing system requirements for large and small scale projects
- Creating specifications for small and large scale projects
- Cost analysis for small and large scale projects
- Creating technical and support documentation
- Content formatting, insertion and management using a CMS
- Designing custom solutions from the ground up for small and large scale projects
- Designing custom modules to integrate with existing systems
- Supporting current team members as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and move quickly around various projects with the ability to adjust to deadlines and priorities
- Manage a large code base using source management software
- Software testing ranging from usability to load testing
- Optimization of existing code and systems
- Strategic planning with new and existing information technologies
- Database creation, maintenance, conversion and manipulation
- Client training
- 3 years of experience in web development and Internet technology.
- Familiarity with CMS systems such as Joomla an asset.
- Linux skills, Java skills and Photoshop skills are an asset.
- Website design skills are an asset.
- Experience with mobile platforms are an asset.
- Ability to create systems using hand coded solutions outside of an IDE.
- Strong understanding of information technology and integration.
- Proven ability to adapt to any problem presented and quickly shift between projects.
- Basic understanding of W3C standards.
- Familiarity with development tools such as Firebug and source management software.
- Strong understanding of software layer abstraction and principles.
- Understanding of data structures and database systems.
- Willingness and ability to work with others in a team oriented environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
If you feel that your skills and capabilities match up to the position as described above and you want to take your career to the next level with a fast growing technology company, please send your URL/portfolio including website design materials and resume with a detailed cover letter in either Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Title: Partner Sales Associate
Department: TotalSnap Sales and Marketing - Parksville, BC
Reports to: Sales Manager
Compensation: Commission Sales with Target Specific Bonuses (est. $50,000 per year)
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close, in an assigned territory. Develops and implements an agreed upon marketing plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding the partner base. Achieve customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with our company's vision and values. Nurture positive team relationships and working environment.
Title: Web Software Developer
Department: Hosting Nation Software Development - Parksville, BC
Reports to: Director of Software Development
Compensation: 6 month contract with possibility of extension to full time
Responsible for maintaining existing software, extending existing software, developing new software and documentation.